Sunday, September 2, 2012

Packing bags

The countdown to my trip back home has begun. No doubt, Amsterdam is my home now, but Lahore still remains my hometown. My family is my son and my husband, but visiting my parents and siblings is also the most beautiful part of my life.
Its been well over 18 months or so since I visited Lahore last, and its memory is getting shady in my mind. I have to concentrate really hard to imagine what my city looked like. Excitement and anxiety has enveloped me as every night I cross off one more day between me and Lahore.
Visiting Pakistan is not just about seeing my family again, its about being in my own country, where I wouldn't be a foreigner. Having said that, I do feel like a visitor rather than a citizen now that I visit Pakistan.
This is Mr Baby's first trip to my land. I am excited about taking him there, introducing him to my relatives and giving him a taste of life in Pakistan.
S is not happy with my departure, but he has made plans of his own, and I am sure he will survive without us just fine. He will miss us, and we will miss him, but our reunion would be very soon and sweet.
On a personal note I am really looking forward to a few weeks without the responsibility of managing my household duties, and a much needed escape from everyday life. Its vacation time for me, which I plan to enjoy in a relaxed manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment