Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The dreaded theory test

Can you believe it that I took my first driving lesson in January and its May now. Its been four months since I am learning to drive, but honestly its just one hour per week, and sometimes one hour in two weeks. Its definitely not enough. Secondly, since I hadn't cleared my theory exam my driving instructor couldn't move forward and book my practical exam.
Well the theory exam turned out to be much more difficult than my expectations. I have done a theory test in England before, which I passed quite easily with a little bit of study. For the Dutch theory test I studied as if I was back doing my O Levels. I worked so hard, but, I failed. I wasn't even surprised because I didn't have much hope. Almost everyone I know failed on their first attempt. And then I met a girl who had failed for the third time.
That made me decide that I am not going to try my luck again. I decided to go for a one-day course with guaranteed success rates. I booked this course, where I was one of six other females eager to pass their theory exam.
By the end of the whole day course I was still not satisfied. They gave us a trial exam at the end of the day which almost all of us failed and that didn't really help in building up our confidence. Back home I had two more days till the test. Those two days I practiced every possible question available over and over again until they were stuck in my head.
Well luckily I did pass, only at margin. We are allowed 5 mistakes out of 40 and that's exactly how many I had. I dread to think that if I had just one more mistake I would have failed again and been completely devastated.
Thankfully, God didn't test my patience to that extent.
Now I have my driving theory in hand. I wanted to get my practical exam as soon as possible, but my driving school says that I would have to wait atleast a month till I find an available exam date.
O dear license why do you keep running away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment