Friday, August 2, 2013

Not too short to drive after all

My special height driving test finally took place this Wednesday. A middle-aged, sweet Dutch man with broken English came to greet me. He looked at me and said "You should be fine". I think based on the report of my examiner he was expecting someone much shorter. However, he still had to do his duty and so we proceeded to our car, me, my instructor and Mr Kok.
Firstly, Mr Kok, told me to adjust myself in the driver's seat and put a special gauge under the break. Then he told me to break with all the power I had, and if the pressure gauge went above 700, that meant that I can have a normal person's driving license. I easily scored 740, and heard my instructor in the background cheering for me.
Then we went for a little test drive. Mr Kok tested me on the emergency break, to see if I can enable the ABS or not. I was tested two times, and both times I did it without any problem. The instructor and Mr Kok exchanged the same look with each other, that this special test was really uncalled for.
I have a good mind to write to CBR again and asking them what good have they gotten out of this special test. It wasted my time, by now I could have had my second exam and maybe even had my license in my hand.
And more importantly, I suffered mentally for quite a few nights before allowing myself to forget how bad my first driving test went.
Well, here's wishing myself best of luck for my second attempt on getting the Dutch driving license. 

No comments:

Post a Comment