Thursday, April 19, 2012

My baby and the laptop screen

When you become new parents you spend alot of time researching on how to raise a baby. What are the do's and dont's about feeding him, making him sleep, playing with him. Every website, book and peadeatrician gives different advice, and in the end you learn that the baby is the boss. He gets done whatever he wants to be done.
One of the point of conflicts is introuducting the child to television. When I was expecting I used to sit in front of the laptop alot and one day I thought, what if these rays are affecting my unborn child. My fears were soon subsided as I googled 'is it safe to use laptop during pregnancy'.
Before the baby was born I had a differnt idea about how I will raise him. I didn't want him to be over exposed to the television or computer screen. What I didn't realise at the time was that there will be times when he will wake up at 6am and want to be held, and I would seek refuge in my laptop to compensate for my sleepless night. That's when the baby is in my lap staring with his wide eyes at the bright computer screen in front of him.
Maybe it reminds him of the good old day in the womb.
Me signing off at 6:20 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment