Thursday, July 26, 2012

In Vondel Park


Today I decided to take Mr Baby to Vondel Park. Before hitting the park we made a few short stopovers. All this time, he was really happy, enjoying his buggy ride. However, by the time we reached Vondel Park he became a little irritable.
I couldn't believe how crowded Vondel Park was today. I kept on walking looking for a place which is not too crowded, but not too secluded at the same time. I decided to sit myself in front of the huge fountain in the middle of the park. There was a woman with a small stand selling ice cream, hot dogs and drinks. I bought a choc cone and spread my red blanket under a tree shade.
Mr Baby was quite fascinated by the fountain and also by my icecream. He hasn't been eating much today. I tried to feed him just before we left, but he didn't seem interested. And now, even when I became a naughty mama and offered him some icecream, he didn't want to eat it. I thought he might be thirsty form all the sun so offered him a little water I had took with me. I let him hold the bottle, he played with it more than he drank it. His whole shirt got wet, but that's the best part about summer, I didn't have to worry about wet clothes, the sun can dry them out. I wanted to take Mr Baby to one of the play areas of the park, but he started becoming agitated. 
I thought he might be hungry, so I set off in a search of a quiet spot in the park where I could sit and feed him. But alas, it was very hard to find such a spot. Instead, I found the exit, and decided to head home. Park time is no fun with a wailing baby. Thankfully, he calmed down in the tram, and my little wallet kept him occupied too.
As soon as we got home I offered him some milk. He jumped to it excitedly, but just after a few minutes he started smiling and babbling and didn't want to eat anymore.
Wonder where his appetite has gone...
Vondel Park - I shall visit you again, hopefully if the weather continues to be as beautiful and sunny as it is these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment