Monday, July 23, 2012

Inner peace

I have realised that Ramadan does bring out the best in me. I have been reintroduced to the timid and submissive side of me again. The side that I am most comfortable being. I have tried standing up, making my voice heard, fighting for my rights, but I find it all very exhausting and stressful. And if I just start ignoring things that disturb me and maintain a positive attitude towards life, I feel light, happier and to a larger extent satisfied.
I owe this inner peace to this spiritual month, and hope that the change Ramadan has brought in my personality is permanent and not just for this month.
It also makes my belief stronger in the saying that in Ramadan satan is caged. Surely, it is satan's will to see us disturbed and quarelling with our loved ones. And once he is out of sight we find that there is nothing more important than love in life and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment