Friday, July 27, 2012

In Westerpark

Today to celebrate Mr Baby's half year birthday I dressed him up really nicely and set out to meet a bunch of ladies from a meet-up group. The location was Westerpark, one of my favorite places in Amsterdam.
I have never met these ladies before, but I though it should be quite easy to find a bunch of ladies picnicking in a park. They said they would be in the east side of the park. So I went to what I thought was the east and ran my eyes around for some ladies. 
All I could see were families and children, gathered along a canal, using it as a swimming pool, rather as a beach. I looked at the time, I was already half n hour late, and who knows how long it would take me to find them. Thus, I decided to have a picnic of my own in this fun-filled area. I took off Mr Baby's nice clothes and took him in the shallow water with just his diaper on.
My six-month-old was absolutely ecstatic. He didn't hesitate a bit in befriending the water. His feet were already in it but he wanted to reach it with his hands too, so I carefully sat him in the water. He played for a long time and also enjoyed watching all the kids around him. 
I was so excited to see my baby having fun that I completely ignored my surroundings. It was really one of those special moments in which nothing else mattered. My eyes, ears, arms and mind were all only for Mr Baby. 
It was a really warm day, I could have jumped in the water myself if I had some extra clothes maybe. I just dipped my feet in that cold water and even that worked wonders in providing some relief from the bright sun.
I took him out, which I am sure was a little disappointing for him and went back to our red blanket, where he had his lunch - half a pot of french beans puree.
The exit from Wester Park wasn't very happy as for some strange reason Mr Baby kept screaming in his buggy. I thought he was tired and will go to sleep on the way back home, but that didn't happen.
I have had him for 6 months now, still can't figure this boy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment